- Categories of Information We May Collect About You. We may collect “personal information” (meaning information that is, or is capable of being, linked to you) as well as non-personal information when you visit or use the sites. Following are examples of the types of information we may collect about you:
Contact Information. When you place an order, create an account, communicate with customer service, send us an email, or comment on our blog, you provide us with information that we collect. This information may include your name, address, phone number, credit card information, and purchase history.
Other Information We Receive and Store. We also receive information from you as a result of your visiting our site including your IP address, your browser type and version, your operating system and platform, products you view, products you search for, length of visits to pages, and other browser interaction information.
- How Information is Collected. We collect most of your personal information directly from you—by telephone, text, or email and/or via our site. Collection of this personal information is necessary to provide products to you. If you do not provide this personal information, it may delay or prevent us from providing products to you.
We may also collect your IP address when you visit our site, and in certain cases, we will associate that address with you to better understand your preferences and interests. We may also collect certain web analytics information, including, among other information, the number of visitors to the site, session time, and browser version (“technical information”). This technical information is not collected in a manner in which it can be tied to a specific user (except as described above regarding IP addresses). In some cases, we may combine information we collect through our sites with information collected from other online and offline sources.
- How and Why We Use Your Information. Except as otherwise provided in this policy, we may use, share, or disclose all the information that we collect from you as a prospective, current, or former customer:
- To fulfill orders placed by you.
- To respond to your requests, comments, and questions and identify your interests so that we may assist you in finding products that may be of interest to you.
- To enforce any terms and conditions applicable to the site.
- As required by law or valid legal process.
- In response to appropriate governmental requests.
- As we deem reasonably necessary to investigate, prevent or take other appropriate action, including in connection with the investigation of potentially illegal or fraudulent activities or potential risk to the personal safety of any individual or the security of your information.
- To manage our business.
- To protect our interests.
- In the event that Malanilux or a portion of its business is acquired by another company, including in bankruptcy, your information, including your personal information, may be transferred to the successor company.
- Promotional Communications. We may use your personal information to send you updates (by email, text message, or post) about our products, including exclusive offers, promotions, or details about new products. We will always treat your personal information with the utmost respect and never sell or share it with other organizations outside of Malanilux for marketing purposes.
You have the right to opt-out of receiving promotional communications at any time by:
- Contacting us at Support@malanilux.com
- Using the “unsubscribe” link in emails or “STOP” number in texts; or
- Updating your marketing preferences in your account
We may ask you to confirm or update your marketing preferences if you purchase additional products from the site in the future, or if there are changes in the law, regulation, or the structure of our business.
- Who We Share Your Personal Information With. We routinely share personal information with:
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- Service providers, we use to help deliver our products to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, and delivery companies;
- Other third-party service providers, we use to help us run our business, such as marketing agencies or website hosts;
- Third parties approved by you, including social media sites you choose to link your account to or third-party payment providers; and our financial institutions.
We only allow our service providers to handle your personal information if we are satisfied they take appropriate measures to protect your personal information. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers to ensure they can only use your personal information to provide services to us and to you. We may also share personal information with external auditors, e.g. in relation to an audit of our accounts.
We may disclose and exchange information with law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We may also need to share some personal information with other parties, such as potential buyers of some or all of our business or during a re-structuring. We will typically anonymize the information, but this may not always be possible. The recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations.
- Safeguarding Your Information. Information transmitted over the Internet may find its way to recipients to whom it is not intended or persons you may not want to have such information. Under certain circumstances, this may be beyond our control, and you are advised that such transmission may not be secure. We comply with applicable laws regarding the safeguarding of your personal information, and we employ reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the security, confidentiality, and integrity of your information, as required by law. Further, we restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you (e.g., credit card or payment information) to those associates who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you.
- Your Right to Control Communications. We may provide you with an “opt-in” or “opt-out” mechanism depending on where you are located when we collect your personal data. An “opt-in” mechanism will provide you the opportunity to positively indicate that you would like or do not object to our use of your personal data for the designated purposes (such as sending you such further communications) and we will not make such use of your personal data unless you have “opted-in.” An “opt-out” mechanism will provide you the opportunity to indicate that you do not want us to use your personal data in certain ways (such as to send you such further communications), and if you are “opt-out” we will not make such use of your personal data. Either way, opting-in or opting-out will be up to you. If you do not want us to use your personal data for a particular purpose or disclose it to a third party, you may “opt-out” at any time by contacting us at Support@malanilux.com.
- Privacy Rights in Other Jurisdictions. You may have rights, under applicable data privacy laws, to request information about or access to the personal information that we hold about you, to require that information to be corrected it is inaccurate, or, in some circumstances, to object to our processing of your personal information. If you wish to exercise those rights, please send a written request to Support@malanilux.com .
- Former Customers. Our policy for sharing nonpublic personal information about former customers is the same as our policy for current customers.
- Children’s Information. The sites are not directed at or intended to be used by children, and we will not intentionally collect or maintain personal information about anyone under the age of 13, except for information provided by the relevant parent(s) or guardian(s). If we discover that we have collected any other personal information about anyone under the age of 13, we will take reasonable steps to promptly delete such information from our systems.
- Contact Us. Please contact us by post, email, or on the contact us section of the site if you have any questions about this policy or the information we hold about you. Our contact details are shown below:
- Email: Support@malanilux.com